Chipotle Chicken Sandwiches
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 45 min
- 1 - Tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 2 - pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 - large red pepper, cut into 2-inch-long strips (about 1 1/2
- 1 - large sweet onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 - can (10 3/4-ounces) Condensed Tomato Soup (Regular,
Healthy Request® or 25% Less Sodium)
- 3/4 - cup water
- 1/4 - cup cider vinegar
- 2 - Tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 - teaspoon ground Chipotle chile pepper
- 1 - package (13- ounces) Classic Sandwich Buns with Sesame
- Shredded Cheddar cheese (if desired)
Heat the oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken in 2 batches and cook for 10 minutes until
it's well browned on both sides.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the pepper and onion to the saucepot and cook until the
vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir the soup, water, vinegar, brown sugar and chile pepper in
the saucepot. Heat to a boil.
- Return the chicken to the saucepot. Reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the chicken is
- Remove the chicken from the saucepot to a cutting board.
- Using 2 forks shred the chicken. Return the chicken to the
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve the chicken mixture on the buns. Top with the cheese, if
Page 1 of 1