Mini Turkey Focaccia Sandwiches
12 mini sandwiches
Prep Time: 20 min
Baking Time: 13 min.
Cooling Time: 30 min.
- 1 - can (13.8 oz) refrigerated classic pizza
- 1 - Tablespoon olive or
- 1/2 - teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 - cup shredded Parmesan cheese (1 oz)
- 1/2 - cup Roasted Red Pepper Dip (see recipe
- 2 - medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 - cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 - lb thinly sliced cooked smoked turkey (from
Preheat oven to 400�F. Grease large cookie sheet
with shortening or cooking spray.
- Unroll pizza crust and press into 12x8-inch
rectangle on cookie sheet.
- With end of handle of wooden spoon, press
indentations in top of dough, about 1 inch apart.
- Brush dough with oil. Sprinkle with garlic
powder, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool
- Cut focaccia in half lengthwise to make 2
- Spread bottom of each focaccia piece with 1/4 cup
- Top 1 piece with single layer of tomatoes and the
- Layer turkey evenly over spinach.
- Place remaining focaccia piece, dip side down,
over turkey; press lightly.
- With long serrated knife, cut into 6 rows
crosswise by 2 rows lengthwise to make 12 square sandwiches.
- Secure each sandwich through all layers with
Makes 8 servings (2 tablespoons dip each)
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooling Time: 1 hr.
- 1 - jar (7 or 7.25 oz) roasted red bell
well drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 - Tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 - small clove garlic
- 1/2 - cup (1/3-less-fat)
cream cheese (from 8-oz container)
- 1 - Tablespoon sliced almonds, if desired
- In food processor, place roasted peppers, basil
- Cover and process until finely chopped.
- Add cream cheese and cover and process until
smooth. Spoon dip into serving bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Just before serving, sprinkle almonds over dip.
Page 1 of 1