about 2 1/2 cups filling
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 45 min.
Vegetable Sandwich Recipe Directions:
1) In a saucepan, combine barley, water and salt and bring to
2) Reduce heat, cover and cook for 45 minutes or until barley
is tender and liquid is absorbed.
3) In a bowl, combine lemon juice, sugar, soy sauce and sesame
oil. Add to hot cooked barley.
4) Cool barley mixture to room temperature.
5) Then stir in carrot, onion, mint leaves and parsley.
6) Season with salt and pepper.
7) Spoon barley filling into salad bowl.
8) Serve as a dip with pita bread halves, or serve in pita