Makes 6 to 8
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: LOW 10 to 12 hours or HIGH 6 to 8 hours
- 3-1/2 to 4 - pounds pot roast
- 1/4 - cup all-purpose flour
- 2 - teaspoons salt
- 1/8 - teaspoon pepper
- 1 - jar (2 ounces) horseradish
- 3 - carrots, sliced
- 3 - potatoes, quartered
- 2 - onions, sliced
- 1 - celery stalk, sliced
- 1 - cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 - Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 - cup water, beef broth or wine
- In a small mixing bowl, add 1/4 - cup flour,
salt, and pepper.
- Coat pot roast.
- Spread horseradish over pot roast.
- In slow cooker, add carrots,
potatoes, onions, celery.
- Top with pot roast.
- Spread mushrooms over roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours or on
HIGH for 6 to 8 hours.
- To thicken gravy, make a paste with the 3 -
Tablespoons flour and water, broth or wine.
- Stir into pot roast juices.