Makes 6 servings.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: HIGH 2 – 2-1/2 hours
6 - pears
1/2 - cup packed brown sugar
1/3 - cup maple-flavored syrup
1 - Tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
1 - teaspoon orange peel
1/8 - teaspoon ground ginger
1 - Tablespoon cornstarch
2 - Tablespoons orange juice
- Peel pears.
- Core pears from bottom, leaving stems
- Place pears upright in 3-quart or
larger slow cooker.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add syrup,
butter or margarine, orange peel, and ginger.
- Mix and pour over pears.
- Cover and cook on HIGH heat setting 2
to 2 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Remove pears from cooker; place
upright in serving dish or individual dessert dishes.
- In a small bowl, add cornstarch and
orange juice. Mix stir into sauce in cooker.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting
about 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Spoon sauce over pears.