Rice and Herbed Turkey and Casserole
Makes 6 servings
Come home to the aroma
of a home-cooked turkey dinner!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: HIGH 30 minutes and LOW 6 – 7 hours
- 6 - slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch
1 - pound turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1/2 - cup onion, chopped
1/2 - cup carrot, chopped
1/2 - cup celery, chopped
2 - cans (4-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
1 - can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 - teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
1/8 - teaspoon pepper
1-1/4 - cups uncooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
- In 10-inch skillet over medium
heat, brown bacon until crisp.
- Stir in turkey.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring
occasionally, until turkey is brown.
- Stir in onion, carrot and
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring
- In 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker,
beat 1 can of the broth and the soup with wire whisk until
- Stir in remaining can of broth,
the marjoram and pepper.
- Stir in turkey mixture and wild
- Cover and cook on HIGH heat
setting 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to LOW setting.
Cook 6 to 7 hours or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.