Pleasant Ham Soup
Makes 2-1/2 quarts
Prep Time: 15 min
Slow Cooker Time: LOW 4 hrs and HIGH 1 hr
- 9 baby carrots (sliced)
- 1 large onion (coarsely chopped)
- 2 celery ribs (diced)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 pound cooked ham (coarsely
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 cans (14-1/2-ounce) chicken broth
- 1/2 package angel hair cabbage slaw
- 2 russet potatoes (peeled and cut
into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (15-ounce) kidney beans
(rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- in a 5-quart Slow Cooker, add carrots,
onion, celery, parsley, ham, bay leaf, and 4-can broth.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Add remaining can of broth, slaw,
potatoes, green beans, kidney beans, thyme, and pepper.
- Cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Discard bay leaf and serve.
Page 1 of 1