Seven Vegetable Soup
8 (1 1/3-cup) servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: LOW 8 to 10 hrs
- 2 cans (14-oz.) vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (15-oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15-oz.) extra-thick and zesty seasoned
- 6 medium (2-cups) new red potatoes, cut into
- 2 medium (2-cups) carrots, sliced 1/4-inch
- 1 medium (1/2-cup) onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package (10-oz.) frozen creamed spinach,
- 4 ounces (1-cup) Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- In a slow cooker, combine vegetable or chicken
broth, shredded cabbage, diced tomatoes, extra-thick and zesty
seasoned tomato sauce, new red potatoes, carrots, onion, chopped
celery, bay leaves, dried basil leaves, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 8 to 10
hours or until carrots and potatoes are tender.
- Increase heat setting to HIGH. Stir thawed
spinach into hot soup mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 10 minutes
or until soup is thickened.
- To serve, spoon into individual serving bowls.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Page 1 of 1