Makes 4 to 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: LOW 8 � 10 hours
- In 3-quart or larger slow
cooker, add chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix chilies, garlic, onion, tomatoes, 1/2-cup
chicken broth and cumin. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours. When chicken is tender, use the
tines of 2 forks to shred the meat. Adjust seasonings adding additional
broth if necessary.
- Just before serving, add tortillas and cilantro to slow cooker. Stir
- Serve in soup bowls, topping each serving with cheese, avocado and a
squeeze of lime juice.