Slow Cooker Beef Chili
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: LOW 8 to 9 hours or HIGH 5-1/2 to 6 hours
2-1/2 - pounds boneless beef chuck or round, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 - cans (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 - can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
1 - can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes
1 - can (14 ounces) beef broth
1 - medium onion, chopped
2 - teaspoon chili powder
1 - teaspoon salt
1 - teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 - teaspoon pepper
1 - cup prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
- In 4 or 5-quart slow cooker, add beef, black
beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes, beef broth, onion, chili powder, salt,
cumin and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 5-1/2 to 6 hours or on
LOW 8 to 9 hours, or until beef is tender. (No stirring is necessary
- Just before serving, stir in salsa; cook 2 to 3 minutes
or until heated through.
- Serve with toppings if desired.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, diced onion, dairy sour cream, or
sliced green onions.