Beef & Vegetable Soup
Makes 6 to 8 servings
This one is a complete meal-in-a-bowl
with beef, vegetables and pasta.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 8 hours
2-1/2 - pounds beef for stew, cut into 3/4-inch
2 - cans (14 to 14 1/2-ounces each) ready-to-serve beef broth
1 - can (15-ounces) chickpeas, drained
1 - can (14-1/2-ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onions, undrained
1 - cup water
1 - teaspoon. salt
1 - teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
1/2 - teaspoon pepper
2 - cups frozen mixed vegetables
1 - cup uncooked ditalini or other small pasta
Shredded Romano cheese (optional)
- Combine beef, broth, chickpeas, tomatoes,
water, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper to 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 quart slow
cooker; mix well.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 5 hours or on LOW
8 hours. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
- Stir in mixed vegetables and pasta.
- Continue cooking covered, 1 hour or until beef
and pasta are tender.
- Stir well before serving.
- Serve with shredded Romano cheese if desired.