and Corn Chowder
Makes 6 servings.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: LOW 4 hours or HIGH 2 hours
1 - bunch leeks, cleaned well and diced
3/4 - pound Pancetta, diced
5 - small red bliss potatoes, diced
5-1/4 - cups clam broth or fish fumet
2 - cups corn
1 - 2 - Tablespoons fresh tarragon
6 - Tablespoons butter
4 - Tablespoons flour
1 - pint cream
1 - pound sea scallops
- In a skillet on medium high heat,
sauté leeks until golden and soft.
- Add to 3 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Sauté Pancetta, on medium heat and
add to slow cooker.
- Add potatoes, broth, corn and half of
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2
hours or LOW for 4 hours.
- In a large saucepan, add 4 tablespoons
butter and 4 tablespoons flour and stir constantly for 5 minutes on
medium heat to create a roux to thicken the soup.
- Add 2 large ladles of broth from the
slow cooker. Stir to incorporate.
- Turn heat to medium-high to high on
stovetop and add rest of broth to sauce pan.
- Boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Turn stove to low and stir in cream.
- Just before serving, sauté scallops
in 2 tablespoons butter.
Add to chowder and garnish with fresh cracked pepper and tarragon.