Pepper Cream Corn Bisque
Makes 6 servings.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: LOW 10 – 12 hours or HIGH 4 – 6 hours and HIGH
Red Pepper Cream1 - jar (7
ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
3 - Tablespoons sour cream
2 - Tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce
Corn Bisque1 -
Tablespoon olive oil
1 - large leek (white portion only), well rinsed and chopped
1 - teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 - teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 - can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 - pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 - can (10 ounces) condensed cream of corn soup
1 - cup half & half
1 - cup corn
1 - Tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce
- In blender or food processor, add the
roasted peppers, sour cream and cayenne pepper sauce. Cover process
Set aside in refrigerator.
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add leek and carrots cook over medium
heat 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add thyme and basil cook 1
- Stir in chicken broth and
- Bring to boil.
- Add to 3 to 4-1/2 quart slow
- Stir in cream of corn soup, 1 cup
water, corn, salt and 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce.
- Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- If desired, in a food processor or
blender, process soup in small batches until smooth.
- Return soup to slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for an additional 2-4
During the last hour of cooking, add half n half.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Top with dollop of pepper cream, swirl
- Garnish with chives, if desired.