Makes 4 - 6 servings
could be better on a cold day!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: LOW 8 - 10 hours
- pounds round or sirloin steak, cut 1/2-inch thick
- Tablespoon vegetable oil
- large onion
- cloves garlic
- teaspoon salt
- fresh jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- cup dark chili powder
- teaspoon ground cumin
- cup dark beer
- cup water
- cup masa (or cornmeal)
- Cut the steak into 1/2-inch cubes. In
a heavy skillet, brown the beef with the onion.
- Drain off excess fat, add garlic and
stir over medium heat another minute.
- Transfer beef mixture to the slow
- Add salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin,
beer and water.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10
- Stir masa or cornmeal with enough
water to make a smooth paste.
- Stir paste into chili.
- Turn slow cooker to high and cook
uncovered for additional hour.
- Serve over corn chips and top with
shredded cheese and chopped onions for a traditional Texas favorite.