Makes 6 (1-1/2
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: LOW 8 – 10 hours
1/2 - cup medium onion, chopped
1 - cup baby carrots
2 - cups sliced celery
1 - pound red potatoes, scrubbed & cubed
2 - pounds beef stew meat, cut into chunks
2 - teaspoons dried thyme leaves
1 - can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes in juice
1/4 - cup water
1 - can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- In a 3-1/2 quart or larger slow
cooker, add onions evenly over the bottom.
- Add the carrots, celery, potatoes, and
- Sprinkle with thyme.
- Pour diced tomatoes and water over the
top of beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to
10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Stir in tomato paste; cover.
- Cook 10 additional minutes.