and Shrimp Chowder
Makes 6 servings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: LOW 6 – 8 hours
2 - cups Spanish or white onions, diced
1 - cup carrots, sliced
1 - cup chopped fresh or frozen broccoli
1 - cup diced celery
2 - Tablespoon margarine or butter
2 - cups peeled and diced baking potatoes
1 - package (10 ounces) frozen corn
4 - cups chicken broth
5 - cups shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 - cup Dijon mustard
1 - cup parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add
onions, carrots and celery.
- Cook in margarine or butter for 3 to 4 minutes
or until tender.
- Add potatoes, corn and chicken broth heat to a
- Add onion and chicken mixture to the 3-quart or
larger slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- During the last hour of cooking, add shrimp,
mustard and parsley.