Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: LOW 3-1/2 – 4 hours
1-1/4 - pounds eggplant, cut into 1-inch
2 - medium onions, thinly sliced
2 - ribs celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 - Tablespoon olive oil
1 - can (16-ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
3 - Tablespoons tomato sauce
1/2 - cup pitted ripe olives, cut in half
2 - Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
1 - Tablespoon sugar
1 - Tablespoon capers, drained
1 - teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
- In 3 to 4-1/2 quart slow cooker, mix
eggplant, onions, celery, oil, tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW 3-1/2 to
4 hours or until eggplant is tender.
- Stir in olives, vinegar, sugar, capers
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook 45 minutes to 1 hour or until