Light Angel Food Cake
Prep Time: 20 min.
Baking Time: 35 min.
Cooling Time: 1 hr.
- 1-1/2 - cups cake flour
- 12 - egg whites
- 1-1/4 - teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 - teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/3 - cups sugar
Preheat oven to 375�
- You want to sift flour 4 times and set aside.
- with an electric mixer at high speed, you want to beat egg whites,
cream of tartar, salt, vanilla extract, and almond extract until soft
peaks form (about 5 minutes).
- Gradually add sugar (about 1/3-cup) at a time. You want to
beat until blended after each addition.
- Fold in flour. Pour batter into a ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Invert pan onto a wire rack and let tank 1 hour or until cake is completely
- Run your knife around cake to loosen edges. Place on a plate