Angel Food Cake
Prep Time: 20 min
Baking Time: 35 min
Cooling Time: 1 hr
- 1-1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 12 egg whites
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Into a large bowl, sift flour 4 times and set
- In an electric mixer, beat egg whites, cream of
tartar, salt, vanilla extract, and almond extract for about 5 minutes
or until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar (about 1/3 cup) at a time,
beating until blended after each addition.
- Fold into flour.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Invert pan onto a wire rack and let stand 1 hour
or until cake is completely cool,
- Run a knife around cake to loosen edges.
Page 1 of 1