San Peralta Blue Corn Pancakes
26 to 28 (2-inch) pancakes
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups blue cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose
- 1 Tablespoon baking
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cups red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly
- 1 teaspoon garlic,
- 3 Tablespoons fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, add eggs and buttermilk and whip with a whisk.
- Slowly stir in the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- Continue to whisk until there are no lumps.
- Add the bell pepper, onions, garlic, cilantro, salt, and butter.
- Continue to stir until you evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Preheat non-stick griddle and wipe with vegetable oil or spray
with cooking spray.
- Use a 1 - ounce ladle to pour full ladles onto the griddles.
- Cook about 1-1/2 minutes or until beginning to brown.
- Cut pancakes into quarters and place on a baking sheet.
- Keep warm until ready to serve. Top with you choice of toppings
Page 1 of 1