Maple Mulberry Cake
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 - cup shortening
- 1/2 - cup maple syrup
- 1/2 - cup brown sugar (packed)
- 3/4 - cup dairy sour cream
- 2 - eggs (beaten)
- 1 - cup ripe mulberries or
- 2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1 - teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - cup mulberry juice
Glaze (see below)
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Grease & flour a 10-inch spring form tube pan.
- In a saucepan, add shortening,
syrup, and sugar over medium heat. Remove from heat and
- Add dairy sour cream, beaten
eggs, and mulberries.
- In a small bowl, sift together
flour, ginger, baking powder, and salt.
- Into mulberry batter, add flour
mixture. Mix well and pour into tube pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until you
insert a knife and it comes out dry.
- After cake has cooled, pour
mulberry juice over cake to moisten.
- Top with Lemon glaze.
- 3/4 - cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 - Tablespoon milk
- 2 - Tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, add
confectioners' sugar and you want to gradually blend milk and
- You want to pour over cake.
Page 1 of 1