Holy Cross Pecan Cake
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time: 35 min
Preheat oven to 350° F., line
9-inch round cake pan with wax paper, butter cake pan and liner.
- Into my food processor, add the
pecans 2 tablespoons sugar and processes into fine crumbs.
- In my electric mixer at medium
speed, cream the butter and 2 tablespoons sugar. One at a
time, I beat in the egg yolks.
- Add in the vanilla and pecan
crumbs and continue to beat until light.
- In another bowl, beat the egg
white until it gets soft peaks. Then slowly beat in the
remaining sugar, a tablespoon at a time until egg whites are
- Next, fold in the flour into the
butter mixture. Then fold in the meringue, about a 1/3 at a
- Finally, pour the batter into
the pan. Place in oven and bake 30 to 35 or springs back in
the middle. Cool on rack for 15 minutes. Turn over and remove
paper. Place on plate, topside up and allow to cool. While it
cools, make the glaze.
- In a medium saucepan at medium
to high heat, add the honey, sherry, and butter and bring to a
- Cover, reduce heat and
- I want the glaze to reach 235°
F. (use candy thermometer, or about 5 minutes.
- Spoon glaze over cake and top
Page 1 of 1