Red Rock Country Almond Cookie Tacos
Prep Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 12 min
squares (8-inch) of parchment or waxed paper
Tablespoon all-purpose flour
large egg whites
Tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
2 to 2-1/2 cups berries or
teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Tablespoon sugar or to taste
Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cut 4 (8-inch) squares of parchment or
- In a food processor, process 1/3-cup
almonds, flour and sugar until nuts are finely chopped.
- Add remaining nuts and process until you
coarsely chop the nuts.
- Add egg whites and butter and process to
- For each cookie, place about 2-1/2 tables
of the batter on a sheet of parchment.
- Thinly spread to make a 5 inch circle.
Slide 2 cookies on to a baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges of
cookies are golden brown and centers are light brown.
- If one cookie browns before the second
one, lift it from pan and shape.
- To shape each cookie, fold parchment so
cookie resembles a taco.
- Gently pull off parchment and turn cookie
upside down into a small bowl so it will hold its shape while
- Work quickly; if cookies cool, they
cannot be bent without breaking.
- Bake and shape the other 2 cookies.
- Just before serving, combine berries and
- Stir in lemon juice and sugar.
- To serve, place a cookie on each of 4
- Fill cookies with fruit.
Page 1 of 1