Mom's Crunchy Cranberry-Cinnamon Snack
Makes 8 servings (1/2 cup each)
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 5 min.
Cooling Time: 15 min
- 1/4 - cup sugar
- 1 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 - cup butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 - cups Corn Chex cereal
- 1-1/2 - cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1-1/2 - cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 1/2 - cup dried cranberries, dried
cherries or raisins
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave
butter uncovered on High about 40 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in cereals until evenly coated.
- Microwave 2 minutes, stirring after 1
- Sprinkle half of the sugar mixture
evenly over cereal; stir.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture;
- Microwave 1 minute.
- Stir in cranberries.
- Spread on paper towels to cool, about
- Store in airtight container.