Hondo's Dutch Oven Biscuits
- 3 - cups all-purpose flour
2 - Tablespoons baking powder
1 - Tablespoon sugar
1 - teaspoon salt
3 - Tablespoon vegetable shortening
1-1/4 - cups milk
Preheat Dutch oven (also lid). Or, oven 400° F. and greased baking
- In a large mixing bowl, sift in the flour, baking
powder, sugar, and salt.
- Cut in the shortening until you get a coarse
- Next, stir in milk until getting a soft dough.
- Lightly flour board and lightly knead the
- Roll out to a 1/2-inch thickness.
- With a biscuit cutter, cut dough into rounds.
- Lightly grease Dutch oven and place biscuit dough
- Set the oven over hot charcoals, cover with lid,
and add hot charcoal to the top.
- Bake 15 minutes or until browned.
- Place biscuit dough (not touching) on a baking
- Place in oven a bake 10 to 15 minutes or until
Page 1 of 1