Strawberry Buttermilk Shortcakes
Makes 5 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time: 17 min.
- 1 - can (10.2 oz) refrigerated
buttermilk biscuits (5 biscuits)
- 2 - Tablespoons butter or margarine,
- 1/4 - cup sugar
- Strawberry Mixture
- 1-1/2 - pints (3 cups) fresh
- 1/3 - cup sugar
- Whipped Cream
- 1/2 - cup whipping cream
- 2 - Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 - teaspoon vanilla, if desired
Preheat oven to 375�F. Separate dough into
5 biscuits. Dip tops and sides of each biscuit in butter; dip in 1/4 cup
sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until golden
brown. Cool 5 minutes.
- While baking, in medium bowl, you want
to mix strawberries and 1/3 cup sugar. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, you will beat
whipping cream and 2 tablespoons sugar with electric mixer on high
speed until soft peaks form. Beat in vanilla.
- To serve, you want to split biscuits and
place on individual dessert plates.
- Top with whipped cream and strawberry
Alan�s Kitchen Tip:
One 8-ounce container of frozen whipped topping can be used in place of
the Whipped Cream topping recipe. Thaw the frozen topping before using.
Page 1 of 1