California Veggie Wrap
Makes 6 wraps
Prep Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 - cup Salsa Verde
- 4 - ounces (1 cup) Cheddar Cheese,
- 1 - ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 - large (1 cup) tomato, seeded,
- 2 - Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 2 - Tablespoons shelled sunflower
- 6 - whole wheat flour tortillas
- In a large bowl, add cheddar
cheese, avocado, tomato, sour cream, and sunflower seeds Combine
all ingredients except tortillas in large bowl. Mix.
- Spread each warmed tortilla with
1/2 cup vegetable mixture.
- Fold two opposite edges of
tortilla toward center over filling.
- Roll up open end of tortilla
toward opposite edge.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Alan�s Recipe Tip:
- Salsa is the Mexican word for
sauce. Most are familiar with tomato salsa which can be found fresh,
canned or in jars. These wraps use salsa verde, or green salsa,
which is made from tomatillos, green chiles and cilantro. Tomatillos
are small green tomato-like fruits used in Mexican cooking and give
a more acidic taste than regular tomatoes. Like regular salsa, look
for mild, medium or hot varieties.
- To warm tortillas, wrap tortillas, two at a time, in paper
towels. Microwave on HIGH for 15 seconds.
Page 1 of 1