Rowdy�s Beef, Corn and Poblano Chowder
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 1 hr
- 3 - quarts chicken stock
1 - cup rice, uncooked
2 - bay leaves
3 - cups skim milk
3 - Tablespoons butter or margarine
1 - cup onions, diced
1/2 - cup celery, diced
4 - Poblano peppers, diced
2 - cups corn, fresh or frozen
1-1/2 - pounds beef round or chuck, cooked and shredded
1 - teaspoon thyme
1 - teaspoon marjoram
1 - teaspoon nutmeg
1 - teaspoon salt
1/4 - teaspoon pepper
1 - jar roasted red peppers, diced
- In a stockpot, add chicken stock, rice and bay leaves.
- Simmer until
rice is tender.
- Remove bay leaves and puree the mixture until smooth.
- Return mixture to pot and add enough milk to make chowder consistency
(slightly to moderately thick).
- In a pan, add butter and melt.
- Saut� poblano peppers and corn.
- Add to
chowder along with shredded beef.
- Add the thyme, marjoram, nutmeg, salt,
pepper and red peppers and heat until very warm.
- Serve and enjoy.
Page 1 of 1