Welcome to the ultimate film and TV western History and discover this primary reference resource.
Google

Web Alan's Trivia

Home >> FUN Trivia Quizzes >> Where are they buried?  

Where would you like to picnic?

Sonny Bono

Choose an answer from the three choices offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers" at the end of the quiz.

Born: February 16, 1935

Salvatore Phillip "Sonny" Bono was an American record producer, singer, actor, and politician whose career spanned over three decades.

Born in Detroit, Michigan, to Italian immigrants Jean and Santo, he began his music career working at Specialty Records where his song "Things You Do to Me" was recorded by Sam Cooke, and went on to work for the legendary record producer Phil Spector in the early 1960s as a promotion man, percussionist and "gofer." One of his earliest songwriting efforts was "Needles and Pins."

He achieved commercial success, along with his then-wife Cher, as part of the singing duo Sonny and Cher. Bono wrote, arranged, and produced a number of hit records with singles like "I Got You Babe" and "The Beat Goes On," although Cher received more attention. He did also play a major part in Cher's solo career too with recordings such as "Bang Bang" and "You Better Sit Down Kids". Bono did record as a solo artist under the name of Sonny and had two hit singles "Laugh at Me" which reached top ten in the US and UK in 1965 and "The Revolution Kind" which reached number 70. Bono also recorded an unsuccessful Sonny album titled Inner Views in 1967. Sonny and Cher starred in a popular television variety show, The Sonny and Cher Show, which ran on CBS from 1971 to 1974.

Died: January 5, 1998

Bono died of injuries after striking a tree while skiing on the Nevada side of the Heavenly Ski Resort near South Lake Tahoe, California.

Where are they buried?

• Desert Memorial Park in Cathedral City, California
  • Holy Trinity Cemetery, Dothan, Alabama
  • Cremated, ashes scattered on the Maxwell Ranch

Check your answer

Check Your Answer

Desert Memorial Park in Cathedral City, California

Page 1 of 1