Born: October 5, 1917, Mineral Point,
Died: June 9, 1981 (aged 63), Los Angeles, California
Ludden was an American television
presenter and game show host. He was born Allen Packard Ellsworth
in Mineral Point, Wisconsin. The surname Ludden was his stepfather's.
What do you know about Allen Ludden? Guess with
this Quick Quiz.
1. An English and dramatics major at the
University of Texas, he graduated with Phi Beta Kappa honors in 1940 and
received his Master of Arts in English from the same university in 1941.
What University did he attend?
- University of Texas
- University of Wisconsin
- University of Michigan
2. He served in the U.S. Army and was discharged
with the rank of captain in 1946. What medal did he receive?
- Medal of Honor Medal
- Silver Star Medal
- Bronze Star Medal
3. In 1950, his radio show for teenagers, Mind
Your Manners, received an award. What was the award?
- Peabody Award
- Friendly Award
- Tate Award
4. From 1959 to 1962, what game show did he host?
First and Ten
5. Password is an American television game
show. The show was hosted by Allen Ludden and was created for Goodson-Todman
Productions. Who created the show?
- Bob Stewart
- Bob Smith
- Wayne Rogers
6. What is NOT a game show hosted by
- Liar's Club
- Win With the Stars
- Angel of the Stars
7. His first wife, Margaret McGloin, had died from
cancer in 1961. Who did he marry on June 14, 1963?
- Betty Green
- Betty Black
- Betty White
8. In January 2001, who named Ludden the greatest
game-show host of all time.
- TV Guide
- Time Magazine
9. In early 1980, what was Ludden diagnosed with?
- Stomach cancer
- Prostrate cancer
- Heart disease
10. Where is Allen Ludden buried?
- Graceland Cemetery, Mineral Point (Iowa
- Long Island National Cemetery, Farmingdale, New
- Green Hill Cemetery, Amsterdam, New York