Born: January 12, 1905, Murvaul, Texas
Died: January 2, 1974 (age 68), Nashville, Tennessee
(Woodward Maurice Ritter) was an country singer and actor
and the father of actor John Ritter.
What do you know about Tex Ritter. Try this quick quiz.
1. What is the 1936 film that introduces movie fans to Tex Ritter?
- Trouble in Texas
- Headin' for the Rio Grande
- Song of the Gringo
2. In 1945, Tex had the Number 1 1945 Country Song on Billboards
list. What is the song?
- �I'm Wasting My Tears on You�
- �You Two-Timed Me Once Too Often�
- �I Dreamed of a Hillbilly Heaven�
3. What was his white horse�s name?
- White Flash
4. What was the Western series that starred Johnny Mack Brown, Tex
Ritter and Fuzzy Knight?
- The Border Rangers
- The Frontier Marshals
- The Texas Rangers
5. In 1980, he was inducted into the Western Performers Hall of Fame
at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City,
6. Ritter was married to actress on June 14, 1941. They had two sons,
Thomas Ritter and well-known American television star John Ritter. The
marriage lasted until his death. What was his actress wife�s name?
- Jean Simmons
- Dorothy Fay
- Dorothy Collins
7. He sang at the first Academy Awards ceremony to be televised in
1953. What was the song he sang?
- �High Noon�
- �Grand Ole Opry�
- �Country Roads�
8. In 1937, he stars in Trouble In Texas co-starring Rita
Cansino. She changed her name and became a major Hollywood actress. Who
is the actress?
- Dorothy Fay
- Rita Hayworth
- Jean Arthur
9. Tex helped start United Cerebral Palsy Associations, Inc, after
his son, Thomas, was found to have cerebral palsy. Tex, Thomas, and John
spent a great deal of time raising money and public awareness to help
others with cerebral palsy.
10. He had a heart attack and died in Nashville, Tennessee ten days
short of his 69th birthday.
11. Where is Tex Ritter buried?
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery, Glendale, California
- Oak Bluff Memorial Park, Port Neches, Texas
- Forest Lawn (Hollywood Hills) Cemetery, Los Angeles, California