Welcome to the ultimate film and TV western History and discover this primary reference resource.
Google

Web Alan's Trivia

Home >> FUN Trivia Quizzes >> Where Are Famous People Buried? >> "R" >> Medal of Honor

Theodore Roosevelt, Jr.

Awarded the Medal of Honor

Born: November 13, 1887, Oyster Bay Cove, New York
Died: July 12, 1944, (age 56), Near Normandy, France

Theodore Roosevelt, Jr. - Trivia powered by ABETheodore Roosevelt, Jr., or Theodore Roosevelt II was an American political and business leader, a Medal of Honor recipient who fought in both World War I and World War II, and the eldest son of President Theodore Roosevelt. 

Roosevelt served as Assistant Secretary of the Navy, Governor-General of the Philippines (193233), Chairman of the Board of American Express Company, and Vice-President at Doubleday Books, and as a Brigadier General in the United States Army.

What do you know about Theodore Roosevelt, Jr.? Try this quick quiz.

1. After graduating from college, he entered the business world. He took positions in the steel business and carpet business before becoming the branch manager of an investment bank. He had a flair for business and amassed a considerable fortune in the years leading up to World War I and on into the 1920s. What college did he attend?

• Yale
  • Harvard
  • New York Univeristy

2. Ted, having a reserve commission in the Army (as did two of his brothers, Quentin and Archibald) was called up shortly after World War I broke out. When the United States declared war on Germany, Ted volunteered to be one of the first soldiers to go to France. What regiment did he command?

• US Army's 26th Regiment
  • US Army's 5th Regiment
  • First Volunteer Cavalry Regiment

3. What award did Ted receive during World War I?

• Distinguished Service Cross
  • Medal of Honor
  • Silver star

4. Ted was one of the originators and founders of a soldiers' organization. What is the organization?

• American Legion
  • Veterans of Foreign Wars
  • Elks Club

5. Ted resumed his reserve service between the wars. He attended the annual summer camps at Pine Camp and completed both the Infantry Officer's Basic and Advanced Courses and the Command and General Staff College, and so was eligible for senior commissioned service in World War II.

• Fact or Myth?

6. In September 1929, President Herbert Hoover appointed Ted Governor? What was he the governor of?

• Puerto Rico
  • Hawaii
  • Alaska

7. Roosevelt would be the only general on D-Day to land with the first wave of troops. He was the first soldier off his landing craft as he led the U.S. 4th Infantry Division's 8th Infantry Regiment and 70th Tank Battalion. Which beach did he lead on D-Day?

• Omaha
  • Utah
  • Maple

8. What was Roosevelt posthumously awarded on 28 September, 1944?

• Medal of Honor
  • Distinguished Service Cross
  • Bronze Star

9. Throughout World War II, Roosevelt suffered from health problems. He had arthritis, mostly from old World War I injuries, and walked with a cane. He also had heart trouble. One month after the landing at Utah Beach, what did he die of in France?

• Heart attack
  • Sniper fire
  • Friendly fire

10. Where is Theodore Roosevelt, Jr. buried?

• Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial, Colleville-sur-Mer, Basse-Normandie, France
  • Oak Woods Cemetery, Chicago, Illinois
  • Youngs Memorial Cemetery, Oyster Bay, New York

Answers

• 1. Harvard
  • 2. US Army's 26th Regiment
  • 3. Distinguished Service Cross
  • 4. American Legion
  • 5. Fact
  • 6. Puerto Rico
  • 7. Utah
  • 8. Medal of Honor
  • 9. Heart attack
  • Angels on your pillow10. Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial, Colleville-sur-Mer, Basse-Normandie, France

Page 1 of 1  More "R" Trivia