Welcome to the ultimate film and TV western History and discover this primary reference resource.
Google

Web Alan's Trivia

Home >> FUN Trivia Quizzes >> Where Are Famous People Buried? >> "S"

Herb Score

Born: June 7, 1933, Rosedale, New York
Died: November 11, 2008 (aged 75), Rocky River, Ohio

Herb Score - Trivia powered by ABEHerbert Jude Score was a former Major League Baseball pitcher and announcer.

What do you know about Herb Score? Take this quick quiz.

1. What year did Score win American League Rookie of the Year honors with the Cleveland Indians?

2. Score was a two time two time All-Star selection. True or False?

3. On May 7, 1957, against the New York Yankees, Score was struck in the face by a line drive off a player's bat. He broke numerous bones in his face and leaving him quite bloodied. Score eventually recovered his 20/20 vision, though he missed the rest of the season. Score returned late in the 1958 season. Who was the Yankee player?

4. What injury happened on a damp night against the Washington Senators?

He sat out the rest of the season but, returning for 1959, he'd shifted his pitching motion in a bid to avoid another, similar injury. "The reason my motion changed," he told Pluto, "was because I hurt my elbow, and I overcompensated for it and ended up with some bad habits."

5. Score's velocity dropped and he became prone to injury as a result of the changed motion. Score pitched the full 1959 season, going 911 with a 4.71 ERA and 147 strikeouts. What team was he traded to after the end of the season?

6. After retiring, Score served as an announcer on the teams television broadcast from 19641967, and joined the radio broadcast, serving from 19681997. What was the team?

7. On October 8, 1998, while driving to Florida after being inducted into the Broadcasters Hall of Fame the night before, Score was severely injured in a traffic accident. Score pulled into the path of a westbound tractor-trailer truck in New Philadelphia, Ohio; and his car was struck in the passenger side. He suffered trauma to his brain, chest and lungs. The orbital bone around one of his eyes was broken as were three ribs and his sternum. He spent over a month in the intensive care unit, and was released from MetroHealth Hospital in mid-December. He was cited for failure to stop at a stop sign. He fought through a difficult recovery and was healthy enough to throw out the first pitch at the Indians Opening Day on April 12, 1999. True or False?

8. What was the cause of Herb Score's death?

9. Where is Herb Score buried?

Answers

1. 1955

2. True

3. Gil McDougald

4. He tore a tendon in his arm while pitching.

5. Chicago White Sox

6. Cleveland Indians

7. True

8. Herb Score died on at his home in Rocky River, Ohio, after a lengthy illness.

Angels on your pillow9. Lakewood Park Cemetery, Rocky River, Ohio

Page 1 of 1  More "S" Trivia