Choose an answer from the three choices
offered after each question and True or False. Then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
His magazine drawings of single cartoons, not comic strips, began to be
published in Redbook and Saturday Evening Post. However,
what, magazine did he had the most success?
2. In 1932, he joined the Van Beuren Studios as an animator and
scriptwriter. What was one of the cartoon series he worked on?
- Tom and Jerry
- Cat and Mouse
- Smokey the Bear
3. Van Beuren studios closed down in 1936. Who did Barbera go to work
- Tex Avery
4. Barbera left New York for Hollywood. What studio did he work for?
- Warner Brothers
5. In 1940 Hanna and Barbera jointly directed a cartoon which was
nominated for an Academy Award for Best (Cartoon) Short Subject. What was
- Puss Gets the Boot
- Cat and Mouse
- Minnie Me
6. The revamped characters first appeared in 1941's The Midnight
Snack. Over the next 17 years Barbera and Hanna worked exclusively on Tom
and Jerry, directing more than 114 highly popular cartoon shorts.
7. What was the first offering of Hanna-Barbera Productions?
- Time Mouse
- The Ruff & Reddy Show
- Manfred Mann
8. By the late 1960s, Hanna-Barbera Productions was the most successful
television animation studio in the business. The Hanna-Barbera studio
produced over 3000 animated half-hour television shows.
9. The central character is the leader of a gang of New York alley
cats: Fancy-Fancy, Spook, Benny the Ball, The Brain, and Choo Choo. The
gang was inspired by characters from the popular situation comedy The
Phil Silvers Show. What was the cartoon?
- Top Cat
- Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy
10. In 1960, who was the first Emmy awarded to an animated series?
- The Huckleberry Hound Show
- The Cartoon Cartoon Show