Choose an answer from the three choices
offered after each question and True or False. Then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
Jay Ward was born and raised in Berkeley, California, and earned an
undergraduate degree at the University of California at Berkeley. Where
did he earn his MBA?
2. His first chosen career was real estate. Even when his animation
company was at the height of its success, he continued to own his own real
estate firm as a "fallback" business.
3. Ward moved into the infant medium of television with the help of his
childhood friend and animator. Who was the friend and animator?
- Alex Anderson
- Emmitt J. Smith
- Oscar J. Raymond
4. The first episode was aired (locally) over KNBH in Los Angeles on
August 1, 1950. What was the animated series?
- Daffy�s Show
- Crusader Rabbit
5. Ward through a series of legal maneuvers against them, lost the
rights to the character, and a new color Crusader series under a different
producer premiered in 1956. Who won the rights?
- Capitol Enterprises
- Animated Capitol Corporation
- Jay Ward Productions
6. Jay Ward�s company also designed trademark characters and made
numerous commercials for these products. Who was NOT one of these
- Cap'n Crunch
- Tony the Tiger
7. What show was based upon the original property The Frostbite
- The Flintstones
- Rocky and Bullwinkle
- Cactus Jack�s Adventures
8. Early in his career, Ward was involved in two nearly-fatal
incidents. He was run over by a car just outside his office, and later
received incorrect medical treatment while hyperventilating on an
airplane. He subsequently developed agoraphobia.
9. It ran for 17 episodes on Saturday mornings from September 9 to
December 30, 1967, on the American TV network ABC. What was an animated
television series produced by Jay Ward and Bill Scott, who created Rocky
- The Candy Man Can
- George of the Jungle
- Happy Hoppy
10. Jay Ward bought an island in the area near his home and dubbed it
"Moosylvania," based upon the home of his most famous TV
character Bullwinkle. He and publicist Howard Brandy crossed the country
in a circus wagon, gathering signatures on a petition for statehood for
Moosylvania. They then visited Washington, D.C. and attempted to gain an
audience with President. What was the national crisis at the time?
- Cuban Missile Crisis
- Gulf of Tonkin Incident