Choose an answer from the three choices
offered after each question and True or False. Then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
One of his first voice roles was one of the Rice Krispies elf mascots
Snap, Crackle, and Pop. Who was he the voice?
2. His first major success, however, came in the mid-1940s at MGM. He
was hired to provide narration work for several of his cartoons. Who hired
- Chuck Jones
- Tex Avery
- Joseph Barbera
3. In 1949, Butler landed a role in a televised puppet show created by
former Warner Brothers cartoon director Bob Clampett called Time for
Beany. Who did he team up with for the show?
- Stan Freberg
- Mel Blanc
- Lloyd George
4. In the 1950s, Stan Freberg asked Butler to help him write comedy
skits for his Capitol Records albums. Their first collaboration, �St.
George and the Dragon-Net� (based on Dragnet). It was the first
comedy record to sell over one million copies.
5. In 1957, MGM closed their animation division, and producers William
Hanna and Joseph Barbera found themselves unemployed. They quickly formed
their own company, and Daws Butler was on-hand to provide voices. What was
the first cartoon that set the formula for the rest of the series of
cartoons that the two would helm until the mid 1960s.
- The Ruff & Reddy Show
- Coming Home
- Hi Yea There!
6. Chilly Willy is a cartoon character, a diminutive anthropomorphic
penguin living in Fairbanks, Alaska, although the species is native only
to the southern hemisphere. He was the voice form 1954 to 1957.
7. In The Banana Splits Adventure Hour, Butler was the voice of
8. Yippee, Yappee and Yahooey is a Hanna-Barbera cartoon which
premiered September 16, 1964. The show was presented as a segment of Peter
Potamus and his Magic Flying Balloon, along with Breezly and Sneezly
and Peter Potamus. Yippee, Yappee and Yahooey are dogs who serve the King
as his royal guards. Who was Butler the voice of?
9. Wacky Races is an animated television series produced by
Hanna-Barbera Productions. Who was NOT one of the characters
- Peter Perfect
- Penelope Pitstop
- Rock Slag
10. In 1975, Butler began an acting workshop that spawned such talents
as Nancy Cartwright (The Simpsons), Corey Burton (Old Navy,
Disney), and Joe Bevilacqua (NPR).