Choose an answer from the three choices
offered after each question and True or False. Then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
Garretson Beekman "Garry" Trudeau (born July 21, 1948) is an
American cartoonist, best known for the Doonesbury comic strip.
Where was he born?
- Boston, Massachusetts
- New York City
- Trumansburg, New York
2. What college did he go to for his graduate and postgraduate work?
3. On October 26, 1970, Garry's creation of Doonesbury was
syndicated by the newly formed Universal Press Syndicate.
4. Trudeau maintains a low personal profile. A rare and early
appearance on television was as a guest on a TV show in 1971, where all
but one of the panelists failed to guess his identity. What was the TV
- To Tell the Truth
- I've Got a Secret
- Match Game
5. In 1975, he became the first comic strip artist to win a national
award at the time, since it is traditionally awarded to editorial-page
cartoonists. What was the award?
6. He married the journalist Ariana Huffington in June 14, 1980.
7. He was nominated for an award in 1977 in the category of Animated
Short Film, for The Doonesbury Special, in collaboration with John
Hubley and Faith Hubley. What was the award?
8. In 1996, Newsweek and the Washington Post speculated that Trudeau
penned the novel Primary Colors. Who was later revealed to have
been written the novel?
- David Gregory
- Charlie Rose
- Joe Klein
9. In August 2001, Trudeau and The Guardian both fell for a
report by the fictional "Lovenstein Institute" that stated that
President George W. Bush had the lowest IQ (91) of any president in the
past 50 years, and that former president Bill Clinton had exactly twice
the IQ of Bush. The Guardian published an article while Trudeau
published a comic strip based on the given information. Both later
realized they had fallen for the hoax, and both made public retractions.
10. The walls of his studio are covered with original classic comic art
-- Saul Steinberg, Jeff MacNelly, George Herriman's "Krazy Kat"
and Winsor McCay's "Little Nemo in Slumberland".