Choose an answer from the three choices
offered after each question and True or False. Then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
The strip was originally rejected by King Features Syndicate and Chicago
Tribune-New York News; United Feature Syndicate, however, accepted it in
1978. It debuted in forty-one newspapers. What is the launch date?
- February 6, 1978
- June 19, 1978
- November 22, 1978
2. In 1994, Davis' company, Paws, Inc., purchased all rights to the
strips from 1978-1993 from United Feature. The strip is currently
distributed by Universal Press Syndicate, however, rights for the strip
remain with Paws.
3. Where was Garfield born?
- Indiana barn
- Italian restaurant
- Grocery store back room
4. Jon was born on a farm that apparently contained few amenities; in
one strip, his father, upon seeing indoor plumbing, remarks, "Woo-ha!
Ain't science something?" What is his last name?
5. Odie, a yellow, long-eared dog who drools and walks on all four
legs. What bred of dog is Odie?
- Basset hound
- German Shepard
6. Originally the strip had a fourth main character. What was the
7. Garfield will eat nearly anything. What is his favorite food?
- Burger and fries
8. What is one of Garfield�s favorite places?
- Jon's bed
- Odie's water bowl
- TV chair
9. The fence in the alley is an area where Garfield often
performs after dark. His acts generally consist of poor dancing and bad
jokes. Odie joins the act from time to time, once as a ventriloquist�s
dummy, once as �Mr. Skins,� who accompanied Garfield on the drums, and
once as a cue card boy.
Occasionally, Garfield will be taken to the vet�s office, a place he
loathes. Who does Jon get a date with?