Graham Kerr (The Galloping Gourmet)
Choose an answer from the
three choices offered after each question and then "Check Your
Answers" at the end of the quiz.
1) Graham Kerr (born January 22, 1934 in London) is
a famous cooking and television personality. He was first known as?
- The Frugal Gourmet
- The Galloping Gourmet
- The Dinner Time Gourmet
2) What English college did Graham attend?
- Essex College
- Brighton College
- Yale College
3) Graham spent five years in the British Army.
What did he do?
- Catering adviser
4) In 1958, he moved. Where did he move too?
- New Zealand
5) He became popular on radio and magazines. What
was his first book�s title?
- You Can Have It Your Way by Graham Kerr
- The Graham Kerr Cookbook by the Galloping Gourmet
- Entertaining with Kerr
6) The Galloping Gourmet series became on of the
most successful programs on television. However, the series ended in
1971. Why did the series end?
- Car accident that left Graham temporarily
- He was called back to military duty.
- His wife's heart attack.
7) A few years later, Graham appeared back on
television with a 5 minute cooking program. What was the series' name?
- The Galloping Gourmet Returns
- Take Kerr
- Praise God
8) In 1995 he appeared on a TV special with another
renown chef. Who was the person.
- Jeffrey Tantum
- Julia Child
- Bob Ross
9) After his wife Treena's heart attack in 1986,
Graham was prompted to create a new style of cooking. This new method of
food preparation minimized fat and cholesterol, while it maximized
aroma, color, texture, and taste. It led to two successful cookbooks: Graham
Kerr's Smart Cooking and Graham Kerr's Minimax Cookbook along
with corresponding series in syndication, on the Discovery Channel and
Public Television. What did he call this style?
- Treena's Secret
- Pleasure Bound
10) The origin of the Galloping Gourmet
persona stemmed from a 1967 book he co-authored called The Galloping
Gourmets. They got their nickname from a 35-day worldwide trek to
the finest restaurants around the globe. Who was his co-author?
- Treena Kerr
- Len Evan
- Julia Child