4th of July Trivia
What do you know about Fourth
Discover this Alan's FUN Holiday Trivia
"Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. The official name of July 4th is
"The Fourth of July."
2. The holiday commemorates the adoption of the Declaration of
Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from the Kingdom of
3. What is NOT commonly associated with July 4th?
4. When did the war for independence begin against England?
- April 1775
- July 2, 1776
- January 1776
5. The Lee Resolution, or sometimes Lee's Resolution, was an act of
the Second Continental Congress declaring the Thirteen Colonies to be
independent of the Kingdom of Great Britain. It was proposed by on
June 1, 1776, after receiving instructions from the Virginia Convention
and its President, Edmund Pendleton.
Who proposed the act?
- Richard Henry Lee of Virginia
- Robert E. Lee of Virginia
- Lighthorse Henry Lee of Virginia
6. Who wrote, "The second day of July, 1776,
will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to
believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the
great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of
deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty."
- George Washington
- John Adams
- John Hancock
7. When did the representatives of the Second Continental Congress
sign the Declaration of Independence?
- July 2, 1776
- July 4, 1776
- August 2, 1776
8. Independence Day fireworks are often accompanied by patriotic
songs. What is NOT a patriotic song?
- "God Bless America"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "1812 Overture"
9. What year did July 4th become a PAID Federal holiday for
10. Both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, two founding fathers of
the U.S., and the only two men who signed the Declaration of
Independence to become President died on the same day.
What was the day?
- July 2, 1826
- July 4, 1826
- August 2, 1826