with the Wind
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1) Gone with the Wind is a 1939 film adapted
from a 1936 novel of the same name and directed by Victor Fleming. Who
wrote the novel?
- Margaret Thatcher
- Margaret Meade
- Margaret Mitchell
2) The story is based on Scarlett O�Hara family
plantation in Georgia. What was the plantation�s name?
- Boone Plantation
- O�Hara Plantation
3) We are introduced to Rhett Butler at Twelve Oaks
plantation. What event is happening there?
- Christmas Party
- Washington�s Birthday celebration
4) Who is Scarlett�s first husband?
- Ashley Wilkes
- Rhett Butler
- Charles Hamilton
5) The famous line is �Frankly, my dear, I don't
give a damn.� What is the preceding line?
- �What should I do?�
- �What should I wear?�
- �What about Tara?�
6) For the role of Rhett Butler, Clark Gable was an
almost immediate favorite for both the public and Selznick.
7) Who did NOT do a screen test for the
role of Scarlett?
- Paulette Goddard
- Vivien Leigh,
- Bette Davis,
8) Victor Fleming, who had just directed The Wizard
of Oz, was called in to replace the director of the film after
having spent 2 years in pre-production and three weeks of filming. Who
was the director?
- George Cukor
- Amos Moses
- Tom Harkin
9) On December 15, 1939, where did the film premiere
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Hollywood, California
10) Nominated as Best Actor in a Leading Role, Clark
Gable did not win that year. Who won the Oscar as Best Actor?
- 1939 Robert Donat - Goodbye, Mr. Chips as
"Charles E. Chipping"
- Laurence Olivier - Wuthering Heights as
- James Stewart - Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
as "Jefferson Smith"