1930 In Movie Trivia Quiz
an answer from the three choices and True/ False offered after each
question and then "Check Your Answers" at the end of the quiz.
1. What was the top grossing film in 1930?
- Tom Sawyer (1930)
- Follow Thru
2. Who was the Tony Award- and Grammy Award-winning American star of
stage and film musicals, well known for her powerful voice, often hailed
by critics as "The Grande Dame of the Broadway stage", had
their film debut in 1930?
- Dorothy Seastrom,
- Diane Ellis
- Ethel Merman
3. Who is a two-time Academy Award-winning American actor born on
January 39, 1930?.
- Roger Smith
- Wallace Berry
- Gene Hackman
4. What is the 1930 Mickey Mouse animated short film that debuts
The Chain Gang
When the Cat's Away
5. What movie won the Oscar Best Picture Award?
- All Quiet on the Western Front
- Scotland Yard
6. What award winning actor had their debut in the movie The
- Sean Connery
- Rex Harrison
- Richard Harris
7. Who won the Oscar Best Actress for The Divorcee?
- Norma Shearer
- Anita Page
- Jean Harlow
8. Who is an American Academy Award-, Golden Globe-, Emmy and Cannes
award-winning actress born on February 27, 1930?
- Joan Crawford
- Francine Whiting
- Joanne Woodward
9. What is a 1930 Marx Brothers comedy film, in which mayhem and
zaniness ensue when a valuable painting goes missing during a party in
honor of famed African explorer Captain Spaulding?
The Story of Mankind
10. Whoopee is an "All-Talking All-Color" musical
comedy film from 1930 photographed in Technicolor. The film closely
followed the stage show produced by Florenz Ziegfeld in 1928. Who was
the lead actor?
- Busby Berkeley
- Alfred Newman
- Eddie Cantor