1921 In Music Trivia Quiz
do you know about 1921 in Music? Try this
The Year In Music Trivia Quiz.
You'll find the answers at the
bottom of the page.
Take 2 points
for each right answer. Maximum this page: 20
1) In 1921, Eddie Cantor had a hit record.
What was the title?
2) On January 31, who was NOT born on that date?
Mario Lanza, operatic tenor and film star (d. 1959)
Carol Channing, musical comedy star
Johnny Otis, blues musician
3) "The Wabash Blues" was a hit by Isham Jones & His
4) On October 12, Gordon MacRae, singer and actor was born?
5) What was the Broadway production opened at the 63rd Street Music
Hall on May 23 and ran for 504 performances?
6) On May 25, lyricist Hal David was born. On many of his hit songs,
who did he co-write them with?
B. J. Thomas
7) "April Showers" [w. B. G. De Sylva m. Louis Silvers]
was from the musical Bombo. Al Jolson sang the song in the musical.
did he first recorded the song?
8) Who is the conductor, composer and arranger born on June 1, 1921?
9) Alan Freed (December 15, 1921 - January 20, 1965), also known
as Moondog, was an American disc-jockey who became internationally known
for promoting African-American Rhythm and Blues music on the radio in
the United States and Europe under the name of Rock and Roll.
10) On December 26, what musician and comedian was born?