1969 In Music Trivia Quiz
do you know about 1969 in Music? Try this
The Year In Music Trivia Quiz.
You'll find the answers at the
bottom of the page.
Take 2 points
for each right answer. Maximum this page: 24
What band did NOT form in 1969?
The Doobie Brothers
One Tree Hill
2) The Beatles released their album Abbey Road in 1969.
3) Who had the hit with "Gimme, Gimme Good Lovin'"?
4) Released as a single in January 1969, it became the Creedence
Clearwater Revival's first top-ten hit on the U.S. Pop chart, peaking at
What is the song?
5) On October 14, the final single by Diana Ross & The Supremes,
"Someday We'll Be Together", is released. The single becomes
the final #1 hit of 1969 (and of the 1960s).
6) Who did NOT have debut albums in 1969?
The Allman Brothers Band
7) On August 17, Donnie Wahlberg (New Kids on the Block) was born.
8) What singer and actress (b. 1922) died of an overdose of
barbiturates on June 22?
9) This Broadway production opened at the 46th Street Theatre on
March 16, transferred to the St. James Theatre on December 28, 1970 and
transferred to the Majestic Theatre on April 27, 1971 for a total run of
What was the Broadway production?
10) Who had the hit with "I Started a Joke"?
The Bee Gees
Zager and Evans
Diana Ross & the Supremes
11) Who was NOT married in March 1969?
12) David Bowie's debut single, "Space Oddity", became a
huge hit in this year, being released at the time that American
astronauts first landed on the moon.