2001 In Music Trivia Quiz
do you know about 2001 in Music? Try this
The Year In Music Trivia Quiz.
You'll find the answers at the
bottom of the page.
On February 1, Jennifer Lopez becomes first female and artist to have
both a number one album J.Lo and a number one movie The
Wedding Planner in the same week.
2) Who reaches #1 for four weeks with "Independent Women Part
- The Chiffons
- Destiny's Child
3) "All for You" is a #1 Hit for Janet Jackson. How many
weeks was the song at #1?
- 3 weeks
- 5 weeks
- 7 weeks
4) On March 31, Whitney Houston and husband Bobby Brown are banned
for life from Hollywood's Bel Air hotel and arrested after destroying
their room. Property that was allegedly damaged included a TV, and two
doors. According to Hotel Workers, the walls and carpets were also
stained by alcohol. The Hotel closed down the room for five days for
5) Aaliyah is the self-titled third and studio album by
singer Aaliyah, released by Blackground and Virgin Records on July 17,
2001 in the United States. The album debuted at number two on the Billboard
200, number one on the R&B charts and was certified gold four
weeks (platinum within six weeks) after its release.
6) Who tops the chart in July for four weeks with the #1 Hit,
"U Remind Me"?
7) On August 25, a Cessna 402 aircraft carrying 9 people, including
an R&B singer, crashes in the Bahamas, killing all aboard. Who is
the R&B singer?
- Mary K. Krista
8) They were an Australian pop duo that enjoyed major international
success between 1997 and 2000. The band was composed of Darren Hayes
(vocals) and Daniel Jones (keyboards, sequencing, and guitar). What was
the name of the group that disbanded in 2001.
- Savage Garden
9) Alicia Keys has a #1 Hit with "Fallin' for six weeks. What
is the song by Jennifer Lopez featuring Ja Rule that separates the weeks
- "I'm Real"
- "How You Remind Me"
10) Who was an Italian-American singer and television personality
that died May 12, 2001 at the age of 88.
- Perry Como
- Bill Cannon
- Freddy Carlone