your NASCAR knowledge of the Cale Yarborough.
Get up to bat in this
"Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
Take 2 points
for each right answer. Maximum this page: 20
1) William Caleb Yarborough was born
March 27, 1940.
Where was he born?
Timmonsville, North Carolina
Timmonsville, South Carolina
2) Cale Yarborough is the only driver
in NASCAR history to win three consecutive championships.
3) What national sports magazine did he
appear on the cover of?
ESPN the Magazine
4) In 1957, Yarborough made his debut
as a driver at the Southern 500, driving for Bob Weatherly, starting
44th and finishing 42nd after suffering hub problems.
What was the car
5) What year did Cale Yarborough have
his first Winston Cup (now Sprint) Cup?
6) Cale Yarborough also won the Daytona
500 four times--his first win coming in 1968.
Who did he drive for?
7) Cale Yarborough drove his last race
at the 1988 Atlanta Journal 500 in Atlanta.
8) Cale Yarborough played himself in
two episodes of what TV series?
The Dukes of Hazzard
9) He last win was the 1985 Miller High
Life 500 at Daytona.
10) In 1987, he took the Hardee's
sponsorship and began running as an owner/driver, posting two top-five
finishes. He ran his final season in 1988, posting two ninth place
finishes. He retired at the end of the year. What was the car number?