your NASCAR knowledge of the Bobby Allison.
Get up to bat in this
"Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1) What was the date Bobby Allison was born in Hialeah, Florida?
- December 3, 1937
- December 24, 1937
- February 6, 1940
2) After high school, where did Bobby and his brother set up shop?
- Miami, Florida
- Banger, Georgia
- Hueytown, Alabama
3) What was his first Sprint Cup (historic) series win?
- Oxford Plains Speedway on July 12, 1966
- Phoenix International Raceway on November 12, 1970
- Daytona 500 (Daytona) February 15. 1961
4) What was Bobby's Sprint Cup (historic) series last win?
- Daytona 500 1988
- Wine Cooler 500 1987
- Miller Light 250 1989
5) What is Bobby's Sprint Cup (historic) series total wins?
6) How many children did Bobby have?
7) Bobby was elected to the International Motorsports Hall of Fame
in 1993, tragically, the same year that his son Davey died following a
helicopter accident at Talladega Superspeedway.
8) Bobby is one of eight drivers to have won what was then
considered a career Grand Slam (an unofficial term) by winning the
sport's four majors: the Daytona 500, Winston 500, Coca-Cola 600, and
the Southern 500. Who did NOT win a Grand Slam?
- Richard Petty
- David Pearson,
- Bill Elliott
9) On June 19, 1988, Bobby Allison nearly died in a crash at Pocono
Raceway, but was left with injuries that forced his retirement from
10) In total victories, who is Bobby tied with?
- Bill Elliott
- Donnie Allison
- Darrell Waltrip