Super Bowl Trivia
Super Bowl IV
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. Super Bowl IV was the fourth
AFL-NFL Championship Game and the second one (after Super Bowl III) to
officially bear the name �Super Bowl�. This was the final AFL-NFL
Championship Game before the National Football League (NFL) and the
American Football League (AFL) merged into one combined league after the
season. The game was played January 11, 1970. Where was the location of
- Tulane Stadium in New Orleans,
- Astro Dome in Houston, Texas
- Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California
2. Who was the Super Bowl III MVP?
- Len Dawson
- Joe Kapp
- Mike Garrett
3. Who did the Minnesota Vikings play
in the NFL Championship game?
- Cleveland Browns
- New York Giants
- Pittsburgh Steelers
4. Who did the Kansas City Chiefs beat
for the AFL Championship game (17-7)?
- San Diego Chargers
- Dallas Texans
- Oakland Raiders
5. Who scored the first points in the
- Dave Osborn (touchdown)
- Jan Stenerud (field goal)
- Mike Garrett (touchdown)
6. What was the game�s weather
- 61 degrees, heavy overcast, wet
field, Tornado Watch issued for area
- 73 degrees, overcast, threat of rain
- 86 degrees, sunny
7. Who was the CBS play-by-play
- Jack Buck
- Pat Summerall
- Al Michaels
8. Who was the Viking�s head coach?
- Don Shula
- Bud Grant
- Manny Boggs
9. The night before the game, Ed Sabol
of NFL Films met with Chief Head Coach, Hank Stram and convinced Stram
to wear a hidden microphone during the game so his comments could be
recorded for the NFL Films Super Bowl IV film.
10. Who was NOT in the
"faced off" during the pre-game show in a "Battle of the
- Al Hirt
- Doc Severinsen
- Herb Alpert