Super Bowl Trivia
Super Bowl IX
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. Super Bowl IX was played on
January 12, 1975 to decide the National Football League (NFL) champion
following the 1974 regular season. Where was the game played?
- Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California
- Joe Robby Stadium in Miami, Florida
- Tulane Stadium in New Orleans,
2. Who did the Pittsburgh Steelers play
in the AFC championship game to advance to the Super Bowl?
- Miami Dolphins
- Buffalo Bills
- Oakland Raiders
3. Who did the Minnesota Vikings play
in the NFC championship game to advance to the Super Bowl?
- St. Louis Cardinals
- Los Angeles Rams
- New York Giants
4. What was the game day weather
- 46 degrees, cloudy
- 78 degrees, sunny
- 60 degrees, rain
5. Who scored the first points of the
- Dwight White (safety)
- Franco Harris (touchdown)
- Roy Gerela (field goal)
6. Which TV network broadcast the game?
7. Who was the Super Bowl IX MVP?
- Franco Harris
- Terry Bradshaw
- Fran Tarkenton
8. Chuck Knoll was the Vikings head
9. Who started the season as the
starting quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers?
- Terry Bradshaw
- Joe Gilliam
- Rocky Bleier
10. The Mary Tyler Moore Show
on CBS used this game as a plotline on the episode aired the night
before the game. Lou Grant was teaching Ted Baxter how to bet on
football games, and used Ted's money, as well as some of his own to bet
on the Vikings winning the Super Bowl. The Vikings won the Super Bowl in
this episode but Ted's hopes were dashed when it was revealed that Lou
actually bet all the money on the Steelers.