Choose an answer from the three choices
or True/False offered after each question and then "Check Your
Answers" at the end of the quiz.
O'Connor, an Irish American, was one of three children born in the
Bronx, New York, the son of Elise Patricia and Edward Joseph O'Connor,
who was a New York City lawyer.
2. During the course of the film, the seemingly extraneous progress of
a tractor-trailer truck, driven by Carroll O'Connor, is intercut with the
main story. The pursuit of Jack Burns (Kirk Douglas) ends when O'Connor's
truck collides with Burns on his horse trying to cross a busy highway in
the rain. What is the movie?
- Texas Highlands
- Lonely are the Brave
- Nova Six
3. In 1963, Carroll O'Connor plays Servilius Casca. What is the movie?
- Nile River
4. In this 1965 movie, Carroll O'Connor as Commander, later Captain
Burke; initially the Operations Officer of Captain Torrey's cruiser, the
"Old Swayback", and later her Commanding Officer when Rear
Admiral Torrey returns, making "Old Swayback" his flagship. What
is the movie?
- Pearl Harbor
- In Harm�s Way
5. Kelly's Heroes (1970) is an offbeat war film about a group of
enterprising World War II soldiers who set out to rob a bank behind enemy
lines. Clint Eastwood plays Private Kelly. What character does O�Connor
- Master Sergeant �Big Joe�
- Captain Maitland
- Major General Colt
6. O'Connor had a long-running friendship with a versatile actor,
beginning in 1959, when Carroll was working as an assistant stage manager
for the Broadway play God and Kate Murphy, in which his friend
starred. Who is the actor?
- Jackie Gleason
- Larry Hagman
- Bill Bixby
7. Warren Mitchell plays Alf Garnett in this TV series. The series was
remade as All in the Family. What TV series had Alf Garnett?
- Til Death Us Do Part
- The American Way
8. Wanting a well-known actor to tackle the controversial material,
Lear had approached Jackie Gleason and Mickey Rooney to play Archie; both
9. After nine years, All in the Family was canceled in 1979. What was
his next series?
- Archie Bunker�s Place
- Edith Bunker�s Kitchen
10. In 1989, O�Connor won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding
Lead Actor - Drama Series. How many Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding
Lead Actor - Comedy Series did he win?
- 2 awards
- 4 awards
- 6 awards